How Do You Be So Short?

Monday, October 09, 2006

Jackets, skirts and other things


Well, this first picture is of the adorable little doggie jacket I bought for Daisy. Unfortunately, it was too small. First I got the small, and wasn't really thinking about size. Then I got the medium thinking it would work, and when I tried to put it on her, I couldn't fit her other leg through the hole, because it wouldn't fit around her back! The really sad part was that they had no larges. So, alas, Daisy won't have a cute little doggie jacket to wear when it gets cold. Not that she would have actually worn it, but it still would've been a lot of fun until she chewed it up!
Second comes my new skirt. I made it! It was for my sewing class, and I thought it turned out quite well. Even the zipper
worked! I didn't do it exactly right, because I was supposed to
put in a button, and that didn't work out, but I still like how it turned out. You can't really see the material in the picture, but
it feels like suede and it has kind of little zig-zag patterns with the threads going through it. Kind of hard to explain. Anyway, all is well in sewing class and I am about to be starting my "blouse". (It's in quotes just because I always think it's funny to call it a "blouse" instead of a "shirt".)
We had a blast in Phoenix! It was so fun to see all the family there. We even got to play Balderdash on Friday night! Not to mention the tasty Fuddruckers we got to have. :) Bella is really cute and looks like she'll be crawling around any day now. Charley is pretty cute too, but I must say, I'm partial to my little Daisy Lou. Tee hee! Thanks for all the fun Grandmom and Granddad!

6 Comments:

Blogger Caleb said...

Nice skirt. It's too bad that Daisy's jacket didn't work.

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should make daisy a "blouse" to match yours. That would be sweet.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Brenda Walker said...

I think that it is a little strange for dogs to wear clothes, but then you were always a little strange! See you in like two weeks!!!!!!!!!

1:55 PM  
Blogger Kayla said...

I agree with jeremy, and with your skills, you could probably make daisy a better jacket than anything they're going to sell in stores. However, taking fashion advice from Jeremy can be a little risky...

4:15 PM  
Blogger K.B.'s Sweet Shoppe said...

it was so good seeing you guys. cute skirt, i am very impressed!...this is clearly lyndsay and not kyle, by the way

9:08 PM  
Blogger CrazyUncle said...

In your zeal to clothe your pet, always remember which one of you wears the pants in that relationship.

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home