How Do You Be So Short?

Sunday, August 20, 2006

It's a first


Okay, it was August of last year that Zachary and Brenda brought me my wonderful, joyful, jumping little pup and yesterday was the first time since we've had her that she has ever been truly exhausted. On Friday she hiked with us on several geo caches and with me all around the campground. Friday night she slept in my tent right beside my mattress covered up with towels and my sweatshirt but without her cabin! (for those of you who might not know, that means her dog cage.) That was also a first. She hasn't ever slept the whole night without her cabin as far as I know. And I was so excited that she slept in my tent with me! That's the closest I've ever slept to her and it's almost like she was allowed to roam all around in the house, only it was a tent! Anyway, then the next morning she took about a thirty minute hike with Mom and me before breakfast, and did all kinds of crazy hikes with us (some minus Mom and me) for geo caches Saturday afternoon. Usually when she gets back in the car, it's only so she can pace from window to window waiting for the next cache. This time, she would get back in the car and basically collapse. On one of the hikes she just sat by Caleb while he looked inside a geo cache contanister because she was too tired to go play around. And then we even took her leash off of her on the way back and she did just fine. Mostly only sidetracking so she could sit in some shade. Just in case you're wondering, that pretty much never happens! Then when we got home all she wanted to do was nap. She just laid down in the shade and watched us unload the car as opposed to trying to escape every time we opened the gate. This morning she's still just sleeping in her chair, and apparently has no intentions of getting up anytime soon. Pretty funny stuff, I'll tell you what. So we're glad to have finally worn her out and that we have her kind of mellow for a day. :)

9 Comments:

Blogger Katie80 said...

My favorite word in this post is "contanister".
Anyway, that's crazy that your hyperactive little puppy *FINALLY* got tired. It's hard to imagine her not trying to escape from the yard!
I'm glad y'all got to go camping, sounds like fun!

12:10 PM  
Blogger Caleb said...

It was very weird without the leash. She was pretty good until she got a scent and started running off to dig whatever it was up. I had a wonderful time camping.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Kayla said...

Wow, glad you had fun with her camping. I can't believe she actually got tired out... Have you been to my blog lately?

1:29 PM  
Blogger Brenda Walker said...

Pretty crazy King, it looks like y'all probably had a pretty good time!

8:39 PM  
Blogger CrazyUncle said...

Hey, wait a minute. That picture does not look like the NV desert. Where did y'all go?

I'm glad Daisy dogged with you on a bunch of hikes. That was probably the high point of her walkerness so far. Cool.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Mimi and Poppy said...

Maybe she's growing up! She sure is cute and I'm glad you had fun on your camping trip.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Caleb said...

Yes, I'm going to have the most comments on your blog!!!!

3:57 PM  
Blogger Caleb said...

It's so awesome!!

3:57 PM  
Blogger Caleb said...

Wait, why am I doing this? You really need to update Lauri. I mean you're my favorite younger sister and I'm genuinely concerned about all that you do. Even if I'm usually around when it's happening.

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home