How Do You Be So Short?

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Ahhhh... Saturday

I'm so glad we didn't have school today. Instead we went into Las Vegas with the Bell's daughter, Michelle. She's 21 and we just met her yesterday. But with the way Mrs. Bell plans- "watching Napoleon Dynamite at our house" turns into "go to Vegas and see a movie and shop and anything else we want". so we got to see the movie, "Wallice and Gromet and the Curse of the Were Rabbit". We also got to go to the Galleria Mall. It was fun I thought. It feels like it's been forever since I actually got in a good day of shopping in a mall. Today we mostly just looked AT the stores instead of IN the stores. But that was fine. It was so big that we needed to just get an idea of what it was like. There is a lot of cool stuff there and I think that we should for sure take you to that mall, Katie.
Even though I don't really have a halloween thing to wear it to, right now I'm working on a costume. It's supposed to be Eowyn from LOTR, but I didn't have a pattern so I just made one. I don't know how well it will work, but I think the sleeves will be pretty cool. Anyway, I don't have much to post about but I thought I really needed a new one.

8 Comments:

Blogger joshnjay said...

A saturday spent in VEGAS. My how fast you have changed. Definately not the Lori, oh sorry Laurie, we had in our youth group back at Cloverdale. J/K From JoshnJays DAD:-)

9:32 PM  
Blogger Katie80 said...

Hey King,
Sounds like a good time. We can definitely go while I am there. Also, I keep meaning to tell you we need to go to Bath and Body Works as soon as possible. Do you know where any are?? I want more of that Watermelon lip gloss.
I figured out which dress I am wearing when we go to dinner! It's short like yours so I won't feel as overdressed as I would've in the purple one.
Now I can be more excited for it! :)

4:14 AM  
Blogger Lindsay Ward said...

I went shopping at the Galleria in Dallas on Saturday! I wonder if they look the same. Ours is gaint as well. However, I actually went into the stores! I got some cool cloths but it is okay because they are for work. It is justifible spending :)

12:41 PM  
Blogger Aaron, Kara, Walker, Sophie June, and Ford said...

Shopping, what fun. You should throw your own Halloween festivities and wear your costume. And for Katie, I just went to Bath and Body Works Friday. I hadn't been in such a long time, and I got myself in over my head with the baby products they have! That is a great place!

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to the mall on Saturday, too. It is not as big as your mall, but I did go in a store and buy some earrings.
By the way, just so I get things straight...you met her yesterday and went to Las Vegas with her today? Hmmm...you do make friends in a hurry.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Leigh said...

You are so creative with your costume! I have to dress up for a party with the girls I teach at Inner City Impact. Do you have any suggestions for a costume? I was thinking princess, but it seems kind of lame=(.

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

laurie!
i havent talked 2 u since u moved, and just found out u had a blog! well i dont have a blog, but i think i mite b getting one soon, ill tell u when i do! a nite out in vegas? sounds exciting! miss u lots and hope ur having the time of ur life! btw i think ur puppy is like the cutest puppy ive ever seen! and thats including my "puppy" which is like 5 months old and 6thousand feet tall! lol r u going to public school now r r u still being homeschooled?
misses,
charity

4:07 PM  
Blogger Mimi and Poppy said...

I went to the Galleria today. Kara and I ate at Bennigan's. Do you remember that time you and Caleb and Ben and I went there and ate Monte Cristo sandwiches? That's what Kara and I shared today. Then I went to buy Ben some birthday presents. I thought Belle was a dog.
Love,

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home