How Do You Be So Short?

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Poor Daisy!


Today we had to take our little Daisy to the vet. She seemed excited at first just because we were taking her somewhere in the car. She got her next set of shots. (we were expecting that part) But another part that I was afraid of.... but still hoping that it wasn't true, was that she has a few problems with her ears. First of all, she has a pretty *severe* ear infection. I think he called it a "yeast infection". And she also has ear mites. We're pretty bummedfor the poor little girl. :( He gave us medicine to put on her back (yeah, her back..... and it's for her ears. weird) and that's supposed to get rid of the yeast infection. The guy also said that even with his fancy tools and stuff he can't see her ear drum becasue of all the debris in there. So this Wednesday we're taking her in to have surgery done on her ears. It makes me so sad!! But I know that's what is best for her and if it will make her better then we'll all be glad. I think they're gonna have to put her to sleep during the surgery though. It will probably be harder on Caleb and me than it is on her! But we're realizing that most likely the reason she doesn't respond very well when we call her, is because there's so much stuff in her ears that she can't hear us! Or at least not very well, I'm sure she hears us a little because dogs ears are so much better than ours! She's a little sad right now, but what can I say? I'd be sad too if I just had shots. The picture is from a while back, I didn't want her looking sad on my blog. I know she'll get better though. She isn't totally wiped out. I mean she's a puppy! And there's no way she can stop looking cute. She can't help it. :) And Justin, if you like her so much then come see her! We'd love to see you. But I'm sorry. There's just no way I can work it out for you to have her, unless you come and take care of her while we're in Ouray! But I'll still be needing her back. Once you've had the cutest puppy in the world, you just can't have any other, and she's totally essential to my every day life! Well, I'll keep you updated. Keep praying for her!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:24 PM  
Blogger Brenda Walker said...

Hey there King, just thought I'd let you know your new link to Caleb's page appears to be missing a "t" in the "http" I bet if you go in there and add that it will work. !!! Sorry about your poor little doggie. Tell her to get well soon!!!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Katie80 said...

Hey Eisel--
To start off on a happy note, the picture of Daisy looks like it belongs on the front of a "puppies" calendar!! She's a cutie!
That's so sad about her ears, though. I hope that the surgery goes really smoothly and that she is just thrilled to be able to hear by the time she heals. I know you and Bob will take care of/spoil her in the mean time! :)
I love you!

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home